July 10 Hardin to Billings, MT – 53 Miles

I woke up and today realized that we have been on the road for two months! They have been good months, with a few white knuckles and wet t-shirts from sweating, but overall it was a great time and I am looking forward to the rest of the trip.

With your prayers for safety and our constant reminder to those that are willing to sacrifice for our freedom and safety are never forgotten.

I have met so many Veterans and First Responders along the way that are suffering from PTS. A number of them have shared with me. It made me aware again that we have a responsibility to these people that have sacrificed so much for each of us. They didn’t have to go. Afterall, this current war is an all-volunteer Armed Forces. To think that they volunteered for us, just shows their bravery and love for our nation. They didn’t have to do it. They could have stood by and let someone else go. But they went, and many have come home wounded forever. Their lives changed forever. So with this journey, we hope to bring awareness to those sacrifices and to give them hope. Hope to know that we care and we will never forget.

There were Veterans that wheeled up with their wheelchairs and some walked up to me on their prosthesis, reminding me that it means a lot to them knowing they are not forgotten.

When I see them and hear the pain in their voice, I say the mission must go on one mile at a time and we must help those heroes move on. My heart is full and I want to do all I can to help them. This is one way I can do that.

I got on route 87 west out of Hardin, MT, this morning. It’s the old route 87 that was the main road before interstate 90 got built. I remembered that in MT, tractors can go on the Interstate, but I love those back country roads. It was only 47 degrees this morning and 49 degrees yesterday. I had the heater on in Johnabilt for the first hour but it soon warmed up towards noon. There was very little traffic and miles and miles of wheat fields as far as I could see. I was in my glory. I wish the team could be here to see all this amazing land.

About 20 miles down the road a buzzer went off and I noticed that my right tire on the camper was low on air pressure. Andrew was kind enough to supply me an item to stick on my windshield that monitors my tire pressure on the camper. I watch that every day and it warns me if one of my camper tires are low on air and of course that makes Johnabilt work harder. There was a pull off where some grain bins were, so I pulled in and got my air hose out and pumped air in the tire and took a short break .

The rest of the trip was very pleasant and relaxing. I did have one big mountain to climb over before I got into Billings. Once I got into Billings however, I got into a lot of traffic. There was one place where my GPS told me to turn, which I did, and it told me to go down this bicycle pass. A truck stopped by and he said GPS is bad here, you need to get out on the main highway with all the heavy traffic and head south, and it should start working again. I did and soon I found Yellowstone River Camp ground. It is a nice camp ground and they are gracious enough to let me stay free.

Tomorrow morning a TV crew is coming out of Billings and is going to track me down for a interview.

July 10 1
July 10 2
July 10 4
July 10 5
July 10 6
July 10 7
July 10 8
July 10 9
July 10 11
July 10 13
July 10 14