Operation Second Chance – Scholarship Program
2019 Application process is now closed.
The OSC Scholarship Program seeks to further the organization’s mission of support for wounded, injured, and ill service members/veterans and their families through need-based dependent financial assistance grants to aid in the pursuit of higher education. During each academic period, OSC will award grants of $2,500 or more to a select number of dependent children (unmarried, 23 years and younger) and spouses of Qualifying Military Sponsors.
Applications accepted beginning February 5th
Application window closes April 15th.
Applicants notified of award decisions in late May.
Financial disbursements made in August.
Unmarried dependent children, 23 years and younger, as well as spouses of Qualifying Military Sponsors whom are seeking their 1st award of an undergraduate 4-year degree, associate’s degree, or a certification from a vocational or technical institution that is DOE accredited. Qualifying Military Sponsors are defined as meeting criteria from one selection in each of the following sections:
- Have a VA rating of at least 70%
- In or pending Med Board with a statement from a command liaison verifying member will be DOD qualified as a wounded warrior with a 70% or higher rating
- Died during time of service
DONATE TO THE 2020 SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Donations $2,500 or greater are eligible to be named! Award recipients can receive a scholarship with your loved one’s name if the donation is made in honor or memory of them, or with your company/organization’s name featured.
Information on how to donate is on the Scholarship FAQ page or you can call us at (301) 972-1080 to discuss.
2019 SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
- Landon Le, from Watauga, TX, attending Colorado School of Mines with a major in Mechanical Engineering
- Emma Chastain, from Burkburnett, TX, attending Midwestern State University with a major in Fine Arts
- Gabriela Miller, from Farmington, MO, attending Saint Louis University with a major in Biology
- Henri Rosser, from Abingdon, MD, attending Temple University with a major in Business Administration
- Cherish Higgs, from Oak Grove, KY, attending Tennessee State University with a major in Business Management
- Tyelen Gray, from Greer, SC, attending The Citadel with a major in Intelligence and Security Studies
- Evelyn Zelaya, from Clarksburg, MD, attending University of Maryland University College with a major in Health Services Management
- Sierra Delamarter, from Independence, KS, attending the School of the Art Institute of Chicago majoring in Fine Arts
For questions email email@example.com