Operation Second Chance – Scholarship Program
2021 Application process is now open, applications need to be received no later than 15 Apr 2021. Use the QR code or link at the bottom of the page for the application.
The OSC Scholarship Program seeks to further the organization’s mission of support for wounded, ill, and injured service members/veterans and their families through need-based dependent financial assistance grants, to aid in the pursuit of higher education. During each academic period, OSC will award grants of up to $2,500 to a select number of dependent children (unmarried, 23 years and younger) and spouses of Qualifying Military Sponsors.
Jan 15th Application window opens
Apr 15st Application window closes
May 1st Award decisions emailed to applicants
Aug 1st Payments sent to schools
Unmarried dependent children, 23 years and younger, as well as spouses of Qualifying Military Sponsors whom are seeking their 1st award of an undergraduate 4-year degree, associate’s degree, or a certification from a vocational or technical institution that is DOE accredited. Qualifying Military Sponsors are defined as meeting criteria from one selection in each of the following sections:
- Active Duty (having served greater than 12 months).
- Title 10 Reservists on extended active duty, Title 32 Guard performing full-time active duty.
- Sponsor “veterans” (classified as non-active duty, and/or not currently enrolled in the reserve or guard), are required to have a VA disability rating of 70% or higher.
- If in or pending Medical Board; with a statement from a command liaison verifying member will be DOD qualified as combat wounded with a 70% or higher rating.
- Deceased from injuries related to combat deployment.
DONATE TO THE 2021 SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Donations $2,500 or greater are eligible to carry the name of the donor! Award recipients can receive a scholarship with your loved one’s name if the donation is made in honor or memory of them, or with your company/organization’s name featured.
Information on how to donate is on the Scholarship FAQ page or you can call us at (301) 972-1080 to discuss.
2020 SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
- Emma Chastain, Midwestern State University, Fine Arts
- Madisyn Clark, Johnson University, Elementary Education and Special Education Minoring in Biblical Studies
Tyler Gibbs, Florida Southern College, Business Administration
Peyton Herrera, Blinn College, Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice
Le Landon, Colorado School of Mines, Mechanical Engineering
Ashley Osborne, Hampton University, Bachelor’s Science-Nursing
Alice Tabares, Broward College South, AS in Criminal Justice
Heidi Tinney, Keiser University, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Mary Tolentino, Widener University
Madelyn Ubalde, Troy University, Social Work
Tyreece White, Davidson College, Bachelors of Science
Devin Woods, Penn State University, Forensic Science
For questions email email@example.com