Operation Second Chance – Scholarship Program
2022 Application process is now open.
The OSC Scholarship Program seeks to further the organization’s mission of support for wounded, ill, and injured service members/veterans and their families through need-based dependent financial assistance grants, to aid in the pursuit of higher education. During each academic period, OSC will award grants of up to $3,500 to a select number of dependent children who are high school seniors.
Jan 15th Application window opens
Apr 15st Application window closes
May 1st Award decisions emailed to applicants
Aug 1st Payments sent to schools
Unmarried dependent children in their senior year of high school, seeking an advanced degree, or a certification from a vocational or technical institution that is DOE accredited. Qualifying Military Sponsors are defined as meeting criteria from one selection in each of the following sections:
- Active Duty (having served greater than 12 months).
- Title 10 Reservists on extended active duty, Title 32 Guard performing full-time active duty.
- Sponsor “veterans” (classified as non-active duty, and/or not currently enrolled in the reserve or guard), are required to have a VA disability rating of 70% or higher.
- If in or pending Medical Board; with a statement from a command liaison verifying member will be DOD qualified as combat wounded with a 70% or higher rating.
- Deceased from injuries related to combat deployment.
DONATE TO THE 2022 SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Donations $2,500 or greater are eligible to carry the name of the donor! Award recipients can receive a scholarship with your loved one’s name if the donation is made in honor or memory of them, or with your company/organization’s name featured.
Information on how to donate is on the Scholarship FAQ page or you can call us at (301) 972-1080 to discuss.