Operation Second Chance – Scholarship Program
Scholarship Awardees will be notified June 1st.
Financial disbursements will be made August 1st.
The OSC Scholarship Program seeks to further the organization’s mission of support for Service Members, Veterans, and their families through need-base financial assistance to aid in the pursuit of higher education. During each academic period, OSC will award grants of up to $2,500 to a select number of dependents and spouses of Qualifying Military Sponsors.
- Applications accepted March 1st
- Application window closes April 16th
- Applicants notified of award decisions June 1st
- Financial disbursements made August 1st
*Qualifying Military Sponsors must meet the following requirements for their dependent or spouse to be eligible:
- Disabled and honorably discharged Veterans
- Active Duty
- Reserves and Retired Reserves
- Deceased military members
- Dependents 24 years of age or older
- Re-married widows, widowers, and former spouses (unless remarried to a new Qualifying Military Sponsor)
- Extended family of Qualified Military Sponsor (siblings, cousins, step-children, etc.)
- For use toward Graduate-level degrees
- Other than honorable discharge
- Completed Application: All fields complete, except those not applicable “N/A”, and signed by the Applicant and Military Sponsor
- Proof of Service: Copy of Qualified Military Sponsor’s current VA Benefits Summary Letter
- Proof of Relationship: Copy of state-issued birth certificate or front/back copy of dependent military ID. Spouse: Copy of state-issued marriage license or front/back copy of spouse military ID.
- Essay Responses: Applicant must complete both essay questions
- Student Aid Report: Free financial report provided by www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Transcripts: Unofficial transcripts acceptable
- Additional Details: Honors, distinctions, and extracurricular activities
*Applications that do not have completed check lists with the documents listed will not be eligible. You may update your packet to reflect new paperwork, however, this must be accomplished before the Application deadline.
**SUBMIT APPLICATIONS via email: Scholarships@operationsecondchance.org
Office Number: (301) 972-1080